Harry Billy Winks, professionally known as Harry Winks is an English professional football player. He plays as a central or defensive midfielder. He started his football career at the English club, Tottenham Hotspur, and currently plays for the same club. He is a Tottenham academy graduate. He was part of the Tottenham team that finished runner-up in the 2018-19 UEFA Champions League.
On the international level, he was eligible to represent England or Spain. He chose to represent England at the senior international level. He has represented the England national team at various age levels. He made his senior international debut in 2017.
He has over 497k followers on his Instagram @harrywinks.
What is Harry Winks Famous For?
- The part of Tottenham that finished runner-up in the 2018-19 UEFA Champions League.
Source: [email protected]
Where is Harry Winks From?
Harry Winks was born on 2 February 1996. His birth name is Harry Billy Winks. His birth place is in Hemel Hempstead in England. He holds an English nationality. He was born to a father, Gary Winks, and a mother, Anita Winks. He has Spanish ancestry through his maternal grandparents. His hometown is Hemel Hempstead where he was born. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. He has a younger sister named Mili.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Cavendish School.
Harry Winks Football Career
- Harry Winks was only five years old when he joined Tottenham’s academy.
- He was invited to train at the club’s development center in St. Albans after attending a summer football camp run by an academy coach.
- He attended his first match at White Hart Lane.
- He is a Tottenham Youth graduate.
- He trained with the club’s first team during the 2013-14 season.
- He was named on the senior bench for the first time on 30 March 2014 in a Premier League match against Liverpool. However, he did not feature in the game.
- He signed his first professional contract with Tottenham on 27 July 2014.
- He made his professional debut on 27 November 2014 in the UEFA Europa League group stage fixture against FK Partizan. He came on in as an 87th-minute substitute.
- He signed a new contract with the club on 6 July 2015. The contract allowed him to stay at the club until 2018.
- He was assigned jersey number 29.
- He made his Premier League debut on 27 August 2016 against Liverpool. He came on in the last minute of the match which ended 1-1.
- He made his full debut against West Ham United on 19 November 2016.
- He scored his debut senior goal for Tottenham in the same match. Tottenham won 3-2.
- He made FA Cup debut on 8 January 2017 against Aston Villa.
- He signed a new contract with Tottenham on 14 February 2017. The new contract would keep him until 2022.
- He suffered a serious injury on 1 April 2017 in a fixture against Burnley. He suffered an ankle ligament injury that kept him out of the football for the remainder of the 2016-17 season.
- He made his first start after recovering from injury in the EFL Cup fixture against Barnsley.
- He was praised for his performance against Real Madrid in the 2017-18 Champions League.
- He suffered another ankle injury during Tottenham’s fixture against Crystal Palace on 5 November 2017.
- He missed the final three months of the season due to injury.
- He signed a new contract with the club on 17 May 2018. The new contract would keep him at the club until 2023.
- He returned to football in the 2018-19 season as a late substitute against Fulham.
- In January 2019, he scored his first goal for the club since November 2016 in a fixture against Fulham.
- He was part of Tottenham that finished runner-up in the 2018-19 UEFA Champions League.
- He signed a new 5-year contract with the club in July 2019.
- He scored his first goal for Tottenham in two seasons on 26 November 2020 against Ludogorets in the UEFA Europa League. He scored a stunning long-range goal from 54 yards away. He later admitted that the goal was not intentional.
Source: [email protected]
Harry Winks International Career
- Harry Winks has represented England football teams at various age levels.
- He has represented England U17, U18, U19, U20, and U21 teams.
- He represented the England U20 team for the Mercedes-Benz Elite Cup in 2015.
- He made his U21 debut in November 2016 against France.
- He received his first call up to the senior team in October 2017.
- He made his senior international debut against Lithuania in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
- He missed the 2018 FIFA World Cup due to injury.
- He returned to England’s senior team in the 2018-19 UEFA Nations League fixture against Spain.
- He played for the England team that defeated Spain 3-2. It was England’s first win in Spain in 31 years.
- He scored his debut senior international goal on 17 November 2019 against Kosovo in the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Harry Winks Girlfriend
Harry Winks is not married. He is reportedly single at present. He might be dating someone at present, but he has managed a low profile regarding his relationship status. He previously dated Love Island star, Rosie Williams. Their relationship did not work out well. More details about his personal life will be updated soon.
Harry Winks Height
Harry Winks stands at a height of 1.78 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a body weight of 65 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Harry Winks Net Worth
Harry Winks earns from his professional career as a football player. His income comes from contracts, salaries, and endorsements. He has an endorsement deal with a popular sportswear brand, Adidas. He has signed several contract extensions with Tottenham. According to his contract extension with the club, signed in July 2019, he receives an annual salary of 2,600,000 pounds. He had signed a 13,000,000 pounds contract with Tottenham. His market value is set at 25 million pounds. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated at 7 million pounds.
Did You Know?
- He wears jersey number 8 at Tottenham Hotspur.
- He plays as both central as well as Defensive midfielder.
- Tottenham’s then-manager Mauricio Pochettino called him the “perfect midfielder” for his performance in the 2017-18 UEFA Champions League fixture against APOEL FC.
- He was eligible to represent England or Spain at the senior level. He chose England.