John King is an American news anchor, columnist, and media personality who is well known as the current CNN Chief National Correspondent based in Washington, D.C. King also got recognition for being the anchor of CNN roundtable political discussion program, “Inside Politics”. He has canvassed several real news occasions in the US and abroad including national races, the Persian Gulf War, and Haiti government recovery. He is additionally prominent for his own eponymous demonstrate that circulated each night at 7 pm before it was dropped by the system.
King is further known as the former anchor of “State of the Union”, as well as “John King, USA”. He frequently appears on the nightly news programs, “The Situation Room” and “Anderson Cooper 360°”. Besides, King is quite active on social media sites with over 62k followers on Instagram: @johnkingcnn and over 549k followers on Twitter: @JohnKingCNN.
What is John King Famous for?
- Famous as the current CNN Chief National Correspondent.
Where was John King Born?
John King was born on August 30, 1963, in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. His birth name is John King. His nationality is American. King belongs to White ethnicity and is of Irish descent while Leo is his zodiac sign.
King grew up along with his 6 siblings. Born and raised in his hometown, King attended Boston Latin School, after her high school graduation she earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Rhode Island. He also has been awarded honorary doctorate degrees from URI, American University, and Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
John King’s Career Highlights
- John King started his career initially as a writer at the Associated Press in 1985.
- After almost 6 years later, King was named chief political correspondent and also had headed the AP’s political coverage of the 1992 and 1996 presidential elections.
- For his coverage of the Gulf War in Kuwait, King was awarded the top reporting prize from the Associated Press Managing Editors’ Association in 1991.
- 6 years later, in 1997, King joined CNN and also served as the senior White House correspondent from 1999 to 2005.
- King began serving the position of CNN’s chief national correspondent in 2005.
- He currently anchors the popular Sunday morning news program, “Inside Politics”.
- King also did CNN coverage of the US Presidential Election in 2016 and 2020.
- He hosted his new talk show, “State of the Union” replacing CNN’s Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer.
- After leaving the “State of the Union”, King began hosting his new weeknight show on March 22, 2010, called “John King, USA”.
- On January 19, 2012, King moderated a Republican presidential debate before the South Carolina Primary.
- King received widespread praise for his immense hard work spending many hours live-commentating on election counts of the 2020 United States presidential election.
John King’s Wife
John King has married twice to date. His first marriage was with Jean Makie with whom he shares two children named Noah and Hannah. Their marriage didn’t last long and ended up with separation.
King then got married to his second wife, fellow CNN anchor Dana Bash on May 25, 2008. They welcomed their son named Jonah in 2011. However, they separated just a year later on March 22012.
King converted to Judaism from Roman Catholic in 2008. Besides, during the 2020 presidential election, King barely slept two and a half hours on Tuesday night; four hours on Wednesday night; and another three hours Thursday night. In total, he’s had less than 10 hours of sleep since Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
John King’s Net Worth
John King has quite good earnings from his profession as a journalist and news anchor. Having started his career in 1985 as a writer, King has managed to come a long way becoming one of the prominent journalists and news anchors. With all of his hard work, King has an estimated net worth of $5 million as of 2020.
John King’s Height
John King is a good-looking White man in his late 50s. He has a fair complexion with white hair and a pair of blue eyes. He stands tall with a height of 6ft 3inches while his body weighs around 88kg.