Kareem Hunt is an American football running back who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Toledo and was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL) in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft. In 2017 as a rookie, he led the NFL in rushing yards and was selected to the Pro Bowl. After video of a violent incident involving Hunt was released in November 2018, he was placed on the commissioner’s exempt list and released by the Chiefs.
- An American football running back for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL).
- His impressive gameplay in the field.
NFL: Kareem Hunt wasn’t any charged for TMZ released video
Kareem Hunt has been in news recently because of Kansas City Chiefs who released running back over a video that appeared to show him kicking a woman. The video was said to have been filmed in February and recently it was released by TMZ website. The city Cheof stated that she spoke with Hunt about this incident and mentioned that he was not truthful in those discussions.
The Cleveland Police told that the player has not been charged for this incident. However, the NFL is said to have placed Hunt on the Commissioner-Exempt List. Currently, the NFL investigation is still in progress and it has also taken into account the new information that was made recently. So, stay tuned for the update.
Early Life of Kareem Hunt
Kareem Hunt was born as Kareem AJ Hunt in Willoughby, Ohio. His nationality is American. His father name is Kareem Hunt Sr. and his mother name is Stephanie Riggins. Talking about his siblings, he has a brother whose name is Clarence Riggins. His birth sign is Leo. His ethnicity is Mixed. However, as there is not much information known about his family and parents we will be updating it shortly.
Regarding his education, he attended South High School and then attended Toledo College or the University of Toledo.
Career and Achievements of Kareem Hunt
- Kareem Hunt started his career at Toledo University as a freshman where he played in 12 games with three starts and rushed for 866 yards on 137 carries with six touchdowns in the year 2013.
- As a sophomore, he played in 10 games, missing three due to an injury.
- He was also the MVP of the 2015 GoDaddy Bowl victory over Arkansas State after rushing for 271 yards and five touchdowns, which tied an NCAA record with Barry Sanders.
- Later, he was suspended for the first two games of his junior year in 2015 due to a violation of team rules and then returned to the third game but was injured during the game and missed the next two games.
- He finished with 973 rushing yards and 12 rushing touchdowns in his 2015 season.
- He played all 13 games, leading the MAC in both rush attempts (262) and yards (1,475), including 200 rushing yards in the loss at Western Michigan in his 2016 season.
- He was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the third round (86th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft and was named starting running back for the Chiefs on August 27, 2017.
- He made his NFL debut on September 7 against the New England Patriots on Thursday Night Football.
- He was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Month for the month of September after leading the NFL with 401 rushing yards, 538 yards from scrimmage, and 8.53 yards per carrying.
- He was named to the 2018 Pro Bowl as a rookie on 19th December 2017.
- He remained the Chiefs’ main running back going into the 2018 season.
- In Week 4, on Monday Night Football against the Denver Broncos, he recorded 121 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown to go along with three receptions for 54 receiving yards.
- TMZ released a video of Hunt involved in an altercation with a woman in a hotel from the previous February on 30th November 2018.
- Hunt was signed by the Cleveland Browns on February 11, 2019. Due to the pending investigation from the NFL into the domestic violence allegations against Hunt, Hunt was automatically placed on the Commissioner’s Exempt list.
- Chiefs co-owner and CEO Clark Hunt released a statement following his release indicating that Hunt was not truthful when the Chiefs asked him about the incident.
Net Worth of Kareem Hunt
Jersey number 27 of Cleveland Browns, Kareem Hunt has the position as Running Back and has earned a good amount of money. As with his contracts, Kareem Hunt annual salary is $465,000 and his estimated net worth said to be $500,000 USD. So, stay tuned for the more update of Kareem Hunt earnings.
Personal Life of Kareem Hunt
The NFL player is said to be in a relationship with his girlfriend Julianne Orso, who is said to be his colleagues at the University of Ohio. With his decision, Hunt hasn’t disclosed any information regarding his affairs, but we can assure you that a young, talented boy hasn’t made up his mind going for a family. And he currently looks centered upon making a successful game tenure.
As with this, we can tell you that Kareem Hunt more focus on his career rather than getting engaged and being with his wife. But who knows, Kareem could get married soon, but the decision is his.
It will be interesting to see who will Kareem Hunt tied his knot in the coming future. So, stay tuned for this interesting topic.
Body Measurements of Kareem Hunt
Kareem Hunt has the athletic body build. He has a height of 5 feet 10 inches and his balanced weight is 98 Kg. His other body measurement will be updated soon.
Did You Know?
- In the cradle of his career, he was named to the Second-team All-MAC (2015) and two times in the First-team All-MAC (2014, 2016).
- Hunt was listed in the PFWA All-Rookie Team, NFL rushing yards leader (2017).
- His salary has been quoted as $465,000.