Mitsuki Laycock, a Japanese-American singer-songwriter is excellently known as Mitski. She is also better known as Mitski Miyawaki. She has rapidly risen in the ranks of indie artists for her albums released through the music site Bandcamp. She was a classically trained musician but didn’t start making her own music until the age of nineteen after she’d graduated high school. Mitski has toured with a number of bands like Speedy Ortiz, Elvis Depressedly, and Eskimeaux. She wrote her first song at the age of 18 whereas she began her career while studying at the SUNY Purchase Conservatory of Music, during which she self-released her first two albums: “Lush” (2012), and “Retired from Sad, New Career in Business” (2013). Moreover, it was announced on her social media on 4th October 2021 that Mitski would be releasing a new single the next day whereas “Working for the Knife” was released on 5th October 2021. She has also won a Libera Awards for her work in “Nobody”.
Mitski Announces 2022 Tour, Returns With Video for New Song “Working for the Knife”
Mitski announced international tour dates and debuted a music video for her new single, “Working for the Knife,” off of her upcoming sixth studio album on Tuesday. She will go on a North American and European tour in spring 2022. “It’s about going from being a kid with a dream to a grown-up with a job, and feeling that somewhere along the way you got left behind,” Mitski said of the new song in a statement. “It’s being confronted with a world that doesn’t seem to recognize your humanity, and seeing no way out of it.”
- Being a Japanese-American singer-songwriter.
- For her self-released her first two albums, “Lush” (2012), and “Retired from Sad, New Career in Business” (2013).
What is Mitski Real Name?
Mitski opened her eyes for the very first time on 27th September 1990 in Japan. She took birth with the real name of Mitsuki Laycock in the Christian religious family. She is Japanese by nationality and Japanese-American by ethnicity. Mitski’s present age is 31 which she celebrated recently in 2021. Thus, her race is white and her star sign is Libra. She has not shared any details regarding her parents.
Taling about Mitski’s education, she attended Hunter College to study film whereas she later decided to pursue music instead and transferred to Purchase College’s Conservatory of Music, where she studied studio composition.
What does Mitski do for a living?
- Mitski kicks off her career recording and self-releasing her piano-based first and second albums, “Lush” (2012) and “Retired from Sad, New Career” in Business (2013), as student projects.
- She then served as the vocalist for the short-lived prog-metal band Voice Coils and began work on her third studio album, Bury Me at Makeout Creek, which was released on 11th November 2014.
- She signed with Dead Oceans before releasing new music the following year on 22nd December 2015 and announced her fourth studio album, “Puberty 2”, on 1st March 2016, and shared the lead single, “Your Best American Girl” which was named the 13th best song of the 2010s by “Rolling Stone”.
- The Pixies announced the US tour dates with Mitski as a supporting act on 21st February 2017 whereas a compilation album consisting of 100 songs by different artists titled “Our First 100 Days” was released on the 1st May of the following year.
- She also covered Frank Sinatra’s 1951 classic “I’m a Fool to Want You” for the “7-Inches For Planned Parenthood” compilation album.
- Lorde announced on 4th October 2017 that Mitski will be an opening act for selected dates as part of her Melodrama World Tour. On 1st November a short film starring Mitski called “Sitting” was released.
- Later Mitski teamed up with the experimental band Xiu Xiu on the song “Between the Breaths” for the soundtrack of the sci-fi comedy film “How to Talk to Girls at Parties” on 20th April 2018.
- Her fifth studio album, “Be the Cowboy” was released on 17th August 2018 which was critically acclaimed and named the album of the year by publications including “Pitchfork”, “Vulture” and “Consequence of Sound”.
- In January 2020, Mitski shared her new song, “Cop Car” which was a never-released piece from the soundtrack of “The Turning”. She was featured in the song “Susie Save Your Love” from Allie X’s album, “Cape God”, released in February 2020.
- It was announced on 29th October 2020 that she will provide the soundtrack to the graphic novel “This Is Where We Fall”.
- A country song called “The Baddy Man” was released as the first preview from the soundtrack on 5th March 2021. Z2 Comics released the album on cassette with the standard hardcover novel on 5th May 2021 as well as a limited-edition deluxe vinyl was also released.
- It was announced on her social media on 4th October 2021 that Mitski would be releasing a new single the next day as “Working for the Knife” was released on 5th October 2021. Soon after she also announced her 2022 European and North American tour.
Is Mitski Married or Dating Someone?
Mitski is an unmarried singer. Emma is probably single at the moment. Looking at her social media account and searching through the web, we could not find anything that could hint that she is engaged in any kind of romantic relationship. Mitski has also stated that she is uncomfortable with the attention that comes with being in the public eye and prefers keeping her personal life private. Reflecting on her sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Mitski Net Worth?
Mitski is a talented lady who has a net worth of $2 million as of 2021. She has also a handsome amount of salary which is also thousands of dollars per year. With her hard work and luck by her side, Mitski can double the amount of wealth she has today. She is sincere in her work as her major source of income is from her singing and songwriting career. She has not done any endorsement work yet.
What is the Height of Mitski?
Mitski has a great personality as she’s got a standard height and a convincing appearance. She had the perfect body combined with good looks. She has dark brown hair and eyes color. Furthermore, her body build type is slim. Mitski could carry off any look with great simplicity.
Did You Know?
- Mitski was a classically trained musician but didn’t start making her own music until the age of nineteen after she’d graduated high school.
- She has toured with a number of bands like Speedy Ortiz, Elvis Depressedly, and Eskimeaux.
- Her mother is from Japan and her father is American.
- Her father worked around the world, so she would live in a new country every other year.
- She is a fan of One Direction’s Zayn Malik and performed a popular cover of the One Direction song “Fireproof.”