Rina Sawayama is a Japanese born British singer, songwriter who is known for her albums, Rina and Sawayama. She also collaborated with artist John Yuyi on a visual series critiquing Asian, and Japanese, beauty standards. Many of her tracks are co-written and produced by Clarence Clarity. To know more about her, you can read the below article.
What is Rina Sawayama famous for?
- A Japanese-British singer, songwriter, and model.
Where is Rina Sawayama from?
Going back to her early life, Rina was born in Niigata, Japan to her parents. Later, they migrated to London, England when she was five. However, her parent’s and sibling’s details are yet to be disclosed. Similarly, She holds Japanese-American nationality and her ethnicity is South Asian. Further, her birth sign is Leo.
For education, she attended the local school of London and later enrolled at Magdalene College where she studied politics, psychology, and sociology and graduated with a degree in politics.
When did Rina Sawayama pursue her music career?
- Talking about her music journey, Rina began her solo career in 2013, with the single “Sleeping in Waking.” Later in June 2015, she released a music video, directed by Arvida Byström, to her track “Tunnel Vision.”
- In 2016, she released the single “Where U Are,” with an accompanying music video co-directed by Alessandra Kurr. The single explored human interaction with digital media, with her.
- In 2017, the singles “Alterlife” and “Tunnel Vision,” a duet with Shamir, were released, followed by her debut mini-album Rina. She was then an unsigned artist, and Rina was released independently.
- In 2018, she released the single “Valentine” on Valentine’s Day. The music video for album track “Ordinary Superstar” was released in June 2018. In August 2018, she released the track “Cherry,” in which she explores her sexual identity. She embarked on her Ordinary Superstar tour across the UK and America in late 2018.
- In 2019, she was the support act for Charli XCX’s tour across the UK.
- Her third single, the 2000s R&B inspired “XS” was released on March 2nd, 2020. The following month, She released another single from the album titled “Chosen Family.” Her debut album Sawayama was released on April 17th, 2020, to widespread critical acclaim.
- Besides this, she has been signed to Anti Agency and Elite Model Management. She has starred in campaigns for Versus x Versace, Jourdan Dunn’s Missguided,] and wrote and performed an original track for Nicola Formichetti’s MAC x Nicopanda.
Who is Rina Sawayama dating?
Like most celebrities, Rina Sawayama tries to keep her personal life private. There is no information available about her affairs yet. Currently, she probably single and focused on her music career. However, she identified her self as bisexual and pansexual. As of now, we have no information about her affairs and relationship. Whenever we will update, we will let you know.
How much is Rina Sawayama worth?
Rina Sawayama earned the sum of a good amount of money and fame through her profession as a singer and model in the field of the entertainment industry. As per the online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $19 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Rina Sawayama?
Rina Sawayama has a height of 5 feet 3 inches and her weight is currently unknown. Her eyes are brown and she has black hair color. Her further body information is still under review. Whenever we will update, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- In 2016, she worked with artist John Yuyi to create a visual series on Asian and Japanese beauty standards.
- She was subsequently profiled in Vogue.
- I watch a lot of films by Studio Ghibli, an animation studio based in Tokyo; I’ve probably seen My Neighbour Totoro more than a dozen times.