Collagen is the main building block for proteins that make up tissues in the body such as bones, skin, cartilage, hair and nails. It is widely believed that supplementing with collagen can improve our health. can and help solve problems related to the body from increasing age Some research shows that taking collagen supplements increases skin elasticity and hydration as we age (1).
Because at a young age, we can still produce collagen naturally. It will make our skin look plump and wrinkle free. Helps to make hair thicker and have stronger nails In addition, our body is still moving smoothly. Unfortunately, as we get older, our collagen production decreases. Studies indicate that we lose approximately 1% of collagen per 1 unit surface area per year!!! (1) This leads us to the problem of thinning hair and more fragile nails. It also makes our skin wrinkled, sagging, looks dull and is followed by many wrinkles, which in some people may notice the stiffness of the joints and bones with it. So taking a collagen supplement seems like a good idea.
How do collagen supplements work?
– When we consume collagen, whether from meals or dietary supplements, it is used to repair the body.
– Collagen supplements in powder form have a better digestive effect than pill form. because our bodies will be able to absorb and use it more easily
– Studies on the bioavailability of collagen peptides have shown that collagen is sourced from marine sources such as fish. It tends to be better absorbed due to its low molecular weight.
What can collagen help with?
In fact, collagen can help a lot. But if you want to look at the main things that are really important and see results, studies have shown that collagen supplements may help improve skin. muscle mass including reducing pain in osteoarthritis, etc.
1. Increase skin elasticity, reduce wrinkles.
Collagen strengthens the skin and may benefit its flexibility and hydration as well. As you age, your body produces less collagen, causing dry skin and wrinkles. Therefore, collagen can help reduce wrinkles and dryness, sure enough.
2. Help relieve joint pain such as arthritis.
Collagen supplements reduce inflammation and stimulate collagen synthesis in the body. This may help relieve pain in people with joint disorders such as osteoarthritis. This is because the amount of collagen in your body decreases as you age. There will be a risk of joint deterioration. such as osteoarthritis will increase etc.
3. Increase muscle mass
Between 1–10% of muscle tissue is composed of collagen protein. This protein is needed to keep muscles strong and to function properly. Consequently, consuming collagen supplements will increase muscle growth and strength in people who lose muscle mass with age.
4. Helps nourish hair and nails
Taking collagen might strengthen your nails by preventing them from becoming brittle. It may also encourage longer hair and nails.
behavior that destroys collagen
You can help your body maintain and protect collagen by avoiding collagen-destroying behaviors. like eating too much sugar, smoking, and being in the sun or getting sunburned.
– Eating too much sugar and refined carbohydrates: Sugar blocks the ability of collagen to repair itself. You should cut down on your sugar and carbohydrate intake or opt for the least refined ones.
– Overexposure to sunlight: ultraviolet rays can reduce collagen production. Therefore, sunscreen should be applied on both the face and body before leaving the house. They may choose from the formulas listed for specific problems, such as men’s sunscreen, oily skin sunscreen, sensitive skin sunscreen, and body sunscreen.
– Cigarettes: Smoking decreases collagen production. This can also make wound healing worse. and lead to easier wrinkles
Credit information from the website : https://facelabs.co.th