Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is an American actor, producer, and architect. He is best known for playing the role of David Kane or Black Manta in the superhero film ‘Aquaman’ in 2018. He has also starred in the HBO superhero drama series, ‘Watchmen’ for which he won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie in 2020. He will be next seen in movies like “Candyman” in 2021and “The Matrix 4” in 2022.
He is quite active in social media platforms with around 198k followers on Instagram @yahya and around 89.6k followers on Twitter @yahya.
What is Yahua Abdul-Mateen famous for?
- Playing the role of David Kane or Black Manta in the superhero film ‘Aquaman’.
- His role as Doctor Manhattan in the HBO superhero drama series, ‘Watchmen’.
Source: [email protected]
Where was Yahua Abdul-Mateen II born?
Yahya Abdul-Mateen was born on July 15, 1986, in New Orleans, Louisiana, the USA. He was born to a Muslim father, Yahya Abdul-Mateen I, and a Christian mother, Mary. His father’s birth name was John Ford but he changed his name after he converted himself into Muslim. He is the youngest of six kids.
He holds an American nationality and belongs to African-American ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Cancer. His religion is Islam.
Regarding his educational background, he attended McClymonds High School in Oakland, California. After high school, he enrolled at the University of California, Berkeley, and graduated with a degree in architecture. Later, He attended the Yale School of Drama and got a degree in Master of Fine Arts.
Yahua Abdul-Mateen II Career Highlights
- Before establishing his career in the acting field, Yahua Abdul-Mateen II used to work as a city planner in San Francisco.
- In 2016, Yahua Abdul-Mateen II started his acting career by portraying the character ‘Clarence “Cadillac” Caldwell’ in Baz Luhrmann’s musical drama series, “The Get Down”, which premiered on Netflix.
- In the following year, he appeared in the film, “The Vanishing of Sidney Hall” as Duane Jones.
- He also played the role of Sgt. Garner Ellerbee in the action comedy film, “Baywatch” in 2017.
- In 2018, he appeared in the road trip drama film, “Boundaries” along with Vera Farmiga and Christopher Plummer. The same year, he played the role of villain, David Kane, or Black Manta in the film, “Aquaman”.
- He was also cast in the horror film “Us” which was released in March 2019.
- In 2019, he starred in the fifth season of Netflix’s science-fiction anthology TV series, “Black Mirror”. The same year, he co-starred in the HBO superhero drama series, “Watchmen” for which he won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie in 2020.
- He portrays the character, Big Stunna in the drama film, “All Day and a Night” which was released on May 1, 2020, on Netflix.
- He has cast in the upcoming American legal drama film, “The Trial of the Chicago 7” which will release digitally on October 16, 2020, by Netflix.
- He has also cast in the upcoming American supernatural slasher film, “Candyman” which will release in 2021.
Who is Yahua Abdul-Mateen II’s girlfriend?
Yahua Abdul-Mateen II is unmarried. Even there is no information about his dating history. However, he seems to more focused on his career than his love life.
How tall is Yahua Abdul-Mateen II?
Yahua Abdul-Mateen II is a handsome guy with an athletic body build. He stands at a height of 1.90m (6 feet and 3 inches) tall and his body weighs around 90kg (198lbs.). His chest, Waist, and bicep size are 38 inches, 32 inches, and 16 inches respectively. He wears a shoe size of 12(US). His hair color is Black and his eye color is Dark Brown. His sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the net worth of Yahua Abdul-Mateen II?
Yahua Abdul-Mateen II has quite good earnings from his professional career as an actor. His major source of earnings comes from his acting career. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated to be $2 million. However, his salary and other assets are unknown.